The Fog Dodgers invite all residents and visitors of the Mendocino Coast to join us on our weekly group runs and walks. We have runners and walkers of all abilities (and even some bikers) and we have only one "rule" - we start at exactly 8:00 a.m. on Sundays. Exercise at your own pace (1/2 hour out, 1/2 hour back) and experience the fresh Mendocino coastal air.

Fog Dodgers provides a fun, safe way to explore some of our local trails and back roads and to meet new friends. You can find out where we're going to be by reading the bottom of last week's post, then clicking on the "Our Routes" tab above. We average 15-20 persons each Sunday and typically half will go to breakfast together afterwards at a nearby restaurant.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Navarro Ridge and Whitesboro Grange

"Since I'd read Walden in high school, I had been haunted by Thoreau's charge that when I came to die, I might discover that I had not lived.  If I ran a marathon, I thought, I will have lived.  I also thought I might die." -- Benjamin Cheever, Strides

This morning wasn't quite the "spring-like" morning I was hoping for on Navarro Ridge.  I guess that even though the calendar says that it is Spring, not everything changes all at once.  There weren't the wildflowers that I was hoping for but a few are starting to bloom.  John got a couple of nice daffodil photos and I'l post them next week.  For today, I thank John for these three nice pictures:


Driveway mirror,  J. Loomis

Maybe someday Roger will teach me how to compose these
blogs so that I can put photos and text where I want and not
where "blogger.com" wants things.  I'm sorry for the poor
layout and blank space everywhere.

 It was 38 degrees with clear blue skies, when we started at 8:00 this morning.  A slight breeze kind of hurt my hands and ears.  It was fun running though, as we were able to meet and talk with a new runner, Jan.  She lives locally and hopefully will be returning regularly.  Others present:  Bob, John, Fran, Nancy B., Rick, Donna, Zelda, Toni, Joe, Nancy T, Roger, Nancy and Tom (14).




Still a little frosty-  J. Loomis





Navarro Ridge is such a pretty road.  Maybe we'll try it again next month.  Thanks to those that said we haven't been going there enough.

I'll have to figure out a ballot initiative or something, a way that everyone can have a chance to vote for Bob to blog more often.  My asking for a raised hand or saying "aye" didn't work out too well.



Dark Gulch,  J. Loomis




NEXT SUNDAY, MARCH 30 @ 8:00 A.M.:  CASPAR LOGGING ROADS , see "Our Routes" above.

EVERY TUESDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: RUSSIAN GULCH STATE PARK, beginning on Point Cabrillo Drive, 1/10 of a mile north of its south end.

EVERY THURSDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: VAN DAMME STATE PARK, beginning at the beach.



0 comments:

Post a Comment