The Fog Dodgers invite all residents and visitors of the Mendocino Coast to join us on our weekly group runs and walks. We have runners and walkers of all abilities (and even some bikers) and we have only one "rule" - we start at exactly 8:00 a.m. on Sundays. Exercise at your own pace (1/2 hour out, 1/2 hour back) and experience the fresh Mendocino coastal air.

Fog Dodgers provides a fun, safe way to explore some of our local trails and back roads and to meet new friends. You can find out where we're going to be by reading the bottom of last week's post, then clicking on the "Our Routes" tab above. We average 15-20 persons each Sunday and typically half will go to breakfast together afterwards at a nearby restaurant.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Caspar Logging Road

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise"
- Peter O'Toole

Sorry Tom, just more my type of quote!  For this week, I thought I'd add a couple of 'picture' quotes:


I guess it's the wrong time of year to call it an Indian Summer - but the weather continues to come from the south, making it warmer than most summers here on the North Coast.  Yesterday the temperature reached a balmy 70°, and our rain gauge has crept up to nearly 12".  Still a long way down, but a big improvement on a week ago.

So this morning we met at one of my, well to be truthful, Abby's favorite walks.  Thanks Tom for selecting this location.  I'd also like to thank Tom for writing this blog every week.  I really don't enjoy writing, but I do look forward to reading Tom's report every week.  So keep being a Vulcan so you may "live long and prosper" to keep up the excellent work.  Oh, I guess I meant Vegan!

I don't have any photos of Caspar Logging Road, so here's one of our coast:
Although the weather was a bit drizzly this morning, it was very warm and we had a good turn-out.  Enjoying the morning air today were: Bob C., Donna, who brought her friend Nancy 4 (sorry - best I could do), Fay, Fran, Geri, Joe, Toni, Joel, John, Peter, Shari, Rick B., Nancy B., Roger and Nancy T.  Nine of us went to David's for breakfast, where we all got seated around one of those new round tables.  Great move Kira - we love those round tables.

Having said I don't have photos of Caspar, I just received some from John - thanks John.  so here's one of John's photos he took this morning.

John also wanted to mention that:

This Week, First Fri. and Friday the 7th is open House at the College of the Redwoods Art Dept.

Being as we have quite a few people in the group who concern themselves with healthy eating, I thought you might like this book (in pdf format) that gives a list of the many brands of different food products that are certified GMO free.

So, with some luck Bob will be writing the blog next week, and in the meantime, if, Neil and Cheryl you get time to read this, I hope you're having a great hiking trip in New Zealand.

NEXT SUNDAY, MARCH 9TH, JACKSON STATE FOREST ROAD 450,  the one off Simpson Lane, see "Our Routes" above.  Hopefully it won't be too muddy.

SUNDAY,  MARCH 16TH,  BIG RIVER ROAD, see "Our Routes" above.

EVERY TUESDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: RUSSIAN GULCH STATE PARK, beginning on Point Cabrillo Drive, 1/10 of a mile north of its south end.
EVERY THURSDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: VAN DAMME STATE PARK, beginning at the beach.

1 comments:

Tom said...

Roger,
You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed the morning. I ran for an hour barefooted on the beach this morning but I missed sitting at one of Kira's big round tables. Thanks for the great job of blogging.

Vulcan (?) Tom

Post a Comment