The Fog Dodgers invite all residents and visitors of the Mendocino Coast to join us on our weekly group runs and walks. We have runners and walkers of all abilities (and even some bikers) and we have only one "rule" - we start at exactly 8:00 a.m. on Sundays. Exercise at your own pace (1/2 hour out, 1/2 hour back) and experience the fresh Mendocino coastal air.

Fog Dodgers provides a fun, safe way to explore some of our local trails and back roads and to meet new friends. You can find out where we're going to be by reading the bottom of last week's post, then clicking on the "Our Routes" tab above. We average 15-20 persons each Sunday and typically half will go to breakfast together afterwards at a nearby restaurant.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

CASPAR LOGGING ROAD

I felt lost without my thermometer this morning but I know it was "close" to 48 degrees and the skies were clear and not yet windy. It was a nice morning and it was nice to see such a large turnout of happy people! It is nice to have Peter back from Florida. I don't know what such a migrant is called. It's not a "snowbird", as Florida has no snow. I guess he's a "Summer Californian", just as my sister says they have in Texas, "Winter Texans". The "Winter Texans" all pull out when Spring Break arrives and the weather warms up in the north. (Following added after original posting): I'm still having trouble posting a comment but luckily have the luxury of being able to "edit" my post. Upon further contemplation, I guess Peter is a "snowbird", as he left California to spend the winter in Florida. I had just never considered Californians as being snowbirds. Is that what our "warm" California weather has come to?

Present today were Peter, Gay, Mark, Geri, Cynthia, Chuck, Toni, Cindy, Jim, Rick, John, Nancy T., Roger, Cheryl, Neil, Fran, Pat, Nancy B., Nancy and Tom (20).

Joining 11 of us at David's for breakfast was Brad. Kira continues to improve things at David's. The menu seems to work well but we always present a challenge (mainly for the cooks, I think) when we arrive as a large group. Today, our group of 11 arrived just after another large group, probably of 16 or so, had arrived. It slows things down and mixes them up a little, but Kira takes it all in stride, continuing to smile and make things right.

NEXT SUNDAY, JUNE 5TH, @ 8:00 A.M.: TEN MILE RIVER LOGGING ROAD, see "Our Routes" above.

EVERY TUESDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: RUSSIAN GULCH STATE PARK, beginning on Point Cabrillo Drive, 1/10 of a mile north of its south end.

EVERY THURSDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: VAN DAMME STATE PARK, beginning at the beach.

1 comments:

Johnny said...

BTW, I was there too, Tom. You may not have seen me as I took off to the south to make a long loop. I can be sneaky that way.

Post a Comment