The Fog Dodgers invite all residents and visitors of the Mendocino Coast to join us on our weekly group runs and walks. We have runners and walkers of all abilities (and even some bikers) and we have only one "rule" - we start at exactly 8:00 a.m. on Sundays. Exercise at your own pace (1/2 hour out, 1/2 hour back) and experience the fresh Mendocino coastal air.

Fog Dodgers provides a fun, safe way to explore some of our local trails and back roads and to meet new friends. You can find out where we're going to be by reading the bottom of last week's post, then clicking on the "Our Routes" tab above. We average 15-20 persons each Sunday and typically half will go to breakfast together afterwards at a nearby restaurant.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

CASPAR LOGGING ROADS


It's a nice day here on the coast.  Thank you to John L., for today's photos.  The blog would look pretty bad without all of the pictures that John shares with us.  He's got an eye that is always looking for something interesting  and I think that some of us don't share that trait.


Great blue heron, J. Loomis photo
A nice day on the coast made even nicer because we had three new people show up today.  Welcome Fred, Keith and Greg.  We hope that you found the walk or run agreeable and that you'll come back again.

Caspar
I forgot to check the temperature this morning, too excited I guess, at the prospect of new Fog Dodgers!  I think it was about 50 and sunny.  Not too windy in the forest but lots of white caps on the ocean.

John L. photo
Also present today:  Chuck, Jeff, Gay, Mark, Toni, Joe, Nancy B., Rick, Nancy T., Roger, Mary, Bob, Cyd (running today after running the Mendo 50 yesterday!), Cheryl, John, Nancy and Tom (20).  I think I've missed somebody, I'm sorry.



Next week's run/walk is a nice one, I think.  I like the view as we cross the Noyo Bridge, even though I always feel as though I'm going to throw myself over the railing!  I don't understand that phobia thing.



Caspar, J. Loomis photo
13 of us went to David's for breakfast, where we met Jamie and Sheila.  


I've been asked to mention an event coming up on Saturday, June 4th, one day only.  I'll get more information on it later but I do know for sure, that the dead and beached blue whale from a couple of years ago, is now a cleaned and reassembled skeleton and will be on display out on the Noyo Headlands Park - South Trail.  I think we'll schedule our run/walk there on Sunday the 5th but to see the whale skeleton, you'll have to go out there on Saturday the 4th.  This should be one impressive skeleton!


SUNDAY, MAY 1ST, POMO BLUFFS- NOYO BAY
SUNDAY, MAY 8TH, PUDDING CREEK TRESTLE
SUNDAY, MAY 15TH, CASPAR LOGGING ROADS
SUNDAY, MAY 22ND, WARD AVENUE
SUNDAY, MAY 29TH, NOYO HEADLANDS PARK - NORTH
SUNDAY, JUNE 5TH, NOYO HEADLANDS PARK - SOUTH


NEXT SUNDAY, MAY 1ST @ 8:00 A.M.: POMO BLUFFS - NOYO BAY, see "Our Routes" above.

EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY, GROUP RUN @ 7:00 A.M.: BIG RIVER LOGGING ROAD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment