The Fog Dodgers invite all residents and visitors of the Mendocino Coast to join us on our weekly group runs and walks. We have runners and walkers of all abilities (and even some bikers) and we have only one "rule" - we start at exactly 8:00 a.m. on Sundays. Exercise at your own pace (1/2 hour out, 1/2 hour back) and experience the fresh Mendocino coastal air.

Fog Dodgers provides a fun, safe way to explore some of our local trails and back roads and to meet new friends. You can find out where we're going to be by reading the bottom of last week's post, then clicking on the "Our Routes" tab above. We average 15-20 persons each Sunday and typically half will go to breakfast together afterwards at a nearby restaurant.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Van Damme State Park

This morning - calm waters
Van Damme Blue Blossom
Today, I’m starting a new tradition.  When I’m a guest “poster” of the blog, there’ll be no list of folks that joined in the Sunday festivities.  Some cynics might be thinking this is because I can never remember names, but really, I am being very thoughtful, avoiding embarrassing those that weren’t there!  However, I do have to mention that we had a whole bunch of new people that joined us today, but as I can’t remember all of those I was introduced to, just a big welcome to you all.

As always, John provided some of his wonderful photos.  Thanks John.  John also wanted me to put in a plug in for the Mendocino College, that it would be nice for some more community involvement signing up for classes this semester to make the College more viable and for the Ukiah Campus to keep it as a  Satellite....  Here are some more words from one of John’s friends

Nancy and I visited Rick, who you'll all be glad to hear, is recovering really well from his recent surgery. He’s already walking better than before the surgery, and by the time I get back from my trip to England, he’ll be dancing in the aisles.

It was a lovely 58° when we set off, and with global climate change continuing to keep our coast basking in glorious sunshine and warm, even hot temperatures, it was quite toasty by the time we got back.

Eleven of us enjoyed coffee, champagne and a wonderful breakfast at Little River Inn.  See you all in six weeks, when I’m sure I’ll return with a lot less tan then when I left.
NEXT SUNDAY, August 16th @ 8:00 A.M.: Caspar Logging Roads
EVERY TUESDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: RUSSIAN GULCH STATE PARK, beginning on Point Cabrillo Drive, 1/10 of a mile north of its south end.
EVERY THURSDAY @ 7:00 A.M.: VAN DAMME STATE PARK, beginning at the beach.

Sun. Aug. 23rd, Pudding Creek Trestle
Sun. Aug. 30, Russian Gulch
Sun. Sept. 6, Big River

0 comments:

Post a Comment